Thursday 1 May 2014

New Month – New Challenges

My alarm is set for 5:55am from Monday to Friday – I don’t make it out every morning to go to the gym or for a run, but I manage to make around 3 mornings a week on average, combined with a boxercise class and an outdoor run on the weekend, I’m hitting my 5 workout a week target.

So with the number of workouts sorted and being the 1st May (New Month – New Challenge), time to start the half marathon training, and to push me along I’ve only gone and signed up for the Oxford Half Marathon on the 12th October. AHHHH!!!!!!!! 


However I am up for the challenge, and I’m going to do it, and going to ACE IT!


With just under 6 months to go – I have hopefully got enough time to get fit & ready and do it in a decent time. Instead of laying out a 6 month plan, I’m going to split it into a monthly plan. Really long plans do not work for me – I see them as far too daunting, and give up too easily. 

So the May monthly plan:
  • Sort out my running technique - as my shins are hurting a little after a run
  • Get proper running shoes
  • Run outside more (don't be a chicken and get off the treadmill)
  • Keep to 4 runs a week
It's not much really - but 4 weeks goes so quickly,  before you know it, its the end of the month and I've only done one run outdoors.


No comments:

Post a Comment