Wednesday 21 May 2014

Focus, Focus, Focus

It’s been a bit quiet on here; which either means I’ve given up and failed completely or life has been so busy that I have not had time to update my going-ons. Fortunately it has been the latter.

Last week at work was hellish and super busy, lots of late finishes in the office, lacking in energy, not exercising and making bad unhealthy choices – also known as falling off the wagon.  But now I find myself in the middle of a new week, 2 workouts in and lots of healthy clean eating back on the cards – officially back on the wagon.

‘Falling off the wagon’ comes round a little too easy; there are many triggers that can cause a fall. As I’m starting my health journey, clean eating and training had been one of my main focuses; but as a busy week at work was brought on by  a looming deadline at work, my overall focus for the week was the project I was working on in the office, and not my training plan. This temporary focus then caused me to take a step back from my loving friends and family that are my support system, as I was too stressed to have proper chats with them and reach out to them.

So with one little trigger of work; it became a tumble weed of other excuses. With 5 months to the half marathon I can’t be losing my focus on running too often, so from today I pledge to make healthy eating and half marathon training my main focus in life, finding time and not having lots of excuses. I'll update you later in the week on how I am planning to stay focused in more details. 


1 hour is only 4% of your day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment