Thursday 24 April 2014

Try Something New Thursday

Getting to the gym for 6:30am is tough, especially when I only have an hour and I have to make the most of it. I usually aim for a 500-600 calorie burn in that hour, but this morning I just wasn’t feeling it. I got on a cross-trainer (the wrong one too – as my favorite one was being used) and I really couldn’t face an hour on it today (as was planned), so I thought I’d do 30 minutes, see how much I burn and go from there. At the end of the 30 minutes I was feeling great – ready to challenge the world (thanks endorphins!), so I thought I’d do something CRAZY and go on the bike.

I HATE the bike, it’s stupid, gives you a sore bum and is just god damn boring. However as it's ‘Try something new Thursday’ (which is something I’ve just completely made up but quiet like), I thought why the heck not, let’s get the next 200 calories burnt on the bike. I didn’t have much time left, or I’d have to forgo straightening my hair today (I just wasn’t in a curly mood), so I ramped up the resistance to get the max calorie burn and went for it – watching the calorie number and not time or speed (bad Mandy :() – but I did it, 20 minutes and 200 calories burnt. Legs felt a big jelly-like but it was fun, challenging and I may even do it tomorrow morning. 

In the theme with “Try Something New Thursday” – I’m also going to double workout today for the first time in my life. In hoping I finish work on time, I shall be spending part of my evening with Zoe at Boxercise, hating my flabby bingo wings with every punch, but enjoying the garage beats the instructor provides and laughing at my lack of co-ordination. Then following that, if energy and time provides I’m going to make The Kitchen Shed’s clean eating Hot Cross Buns – a little after Easter, but when it comes to sweet treats there is never a wrong time of year.


Are you trying anything new today - great day to start! 

No comments:

Post a Comment