Monday 14 April 2014

Monday Marathon Musings

                     
The title of this post might be a little deceiving, I did not run a marathon (far from it) – however I did go and watch my cousin Jude, my friend Mikey and the 35,898 others run the London marathon.

Both Jude and Mikey ran the marathon in roughly 4 hours – which is a very respectable time, so well done boys. Everyone running did such an amazing job, the dedication for months and months of preparation must have all been worth it for the feeling of accomplishment.

Jude and Mikey managed to inspire me to go from thinking to run the Blenheim half marathon, to signing up for it. which means I have 6 months to get 13 miles ready.  So in a weird twist of events, I'm slowly turning into a runner – who would have thought?

So the next month is going to be focusing on stamina and time; building up running for 30mins to 1 hour, to 1 hour and a half – then in 4 weeks I’ll start to look at distance. I’ll also be blogging about others things going on in my life, the love, the laughs, the travel.


I’ll be back for some Tuesday Thoughts…but first I must go for a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment