Tuesday 8 July 2014

I'm still Standing, well running....

It’s been a while since I’ve blogged, and I’m going to use the lame excuse of not having enough time,  which I hate as an excuse. Everyone has the same amount of hours in the day, choosing how you spend them is what makes it matter. With that in mind, I have been choosing how to spend my hours not updating my blog, as I thought generally no one really cared about, but lately a lot of people have been asking ‘what happened?’, ‘are you still running the half marathon?’, ‘how’s the training going?’. So I thought I’d give you an little update with what is going on.

I genuinely thought no one read my blog, or cared that I was pounding the pavements, eating healthy and generally improving my well-being; aren’t we all trying to achieve that? – so I thought this ole’ blogging malarkey was fairly boring to the reader. But then I realised that it’s a bit like a newsletter (or extra-long facebook status) for your family and friends, to inform them of what exactly you are getting up too; especially the ones who are a little far afield and we don’t have that much time to catch up with.

So, YES – I am still running a half marathon, I have signed up, I have told people, I've even encouraged a whole team of 8 of us in the office to run with me for charity, there seems to be no turning back, I’m in this for the long run (pun intended).


The Beautifully Flat Dorney Lake
Training is happening, though the schedule at the moment is not very structured - and with the crazy amounts of pollen this year, training shifted to the treadmill for a while. But thanks to Boots and a new anti-hestamine I am back in the great outdoors. With 3 months to go I’m having to devise a more structured (but not too boring) training plan that will get me to the finish line. So from this Saturday we are in full time half marathon training mode (FTHMTM). FTHMTM starts with a 10K jog on Saturday morning, around Dorney Lake, which is twice around the lake, it’s a nice flat, scenic route and a great way to start a birthday weekend.

How are you kicking off your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment