Monday 14 July 2014

Birthdays, Cake, Loved ones and Sunshine


Birthday Lemon Drizzle Cheesecake - 100 times better than Birthday Cake

On Saturday I turned 25, and like all good birthdays it consisted of lots of cake, loved ones and sunshine. July is popular in my Mums family, as 5 of us celebrate our birthday within 7 days of each other, so on Saturday evening we celebrated an 18th, a 21st, a 25th and a 55th birthday...we were hoping it would be joined by celebrating a new arrival in the family, but she seems to want to stay put for now.

For the last two years I have dreaded my birthday, blaming a wonderful childhood of excellent birthdays parties and being thoroughly spoilt by family, making slightly 'older' birthdays a bit of an anticlimax. However this year I was looking forward to spending a day with my family, and partying with the extended family in the evening, and it lived up to every expectation of feeling absolutely loved and appreciated. The 100+ messages, phone calls, emails, tweets and texts helped too - I really do have a great bunch of people around me.

As was the plan, I didn't start my 25th year on earth with a 10K around Dorney Lake, with a busy day planned a head, and not wanting to wake up any earlier than I normally do on a Saturday, I relished the extra time in bed and substituted 10K for a lie in. Though I will make up my miles this week :).

More post to follow this week on my new FitBit & my 3 month training plan...so watch this space.








No comments:

Post a Comment