Monday 20 January 2014

Juicy Juicy


WARNING – STARTING A FAD DIET

I’m attending a wedding in just over a month in Australia – so what do I go and do, buy a dress one size too small. I didn’t do this so I’d have a goal dress to squeeze into (though it’s working out that way), but because I saw the dress on sale and the only size they had was one size smaller than I am. So even though I’m promoting the notion of no fad diets – it’s all about healthy eating and exercising lots, I’m going back on my word and starting a fad diet (just to squeeze into this dress, honest).

So what’s the diet I hear you ask -  well as you may have read my earlier post on how we brought a juicer at the start of the month; I am doing a one meal a day Juice Fast. Two meals will be a mix of fruit / vegetable juice and the other will be a balanced healthy meal. 

I’m starting today (Monday) and doing it for the next four days, as I’m spending this coming weekend on a hen weekend, where no doubt there will be A LOT of vodka sodas involved I’ll be eating ‘healthy normally’ whilst there – to keep my stomach lined. Then re-joining the juice fast from Monday.

In total I’ll be doing it for 20 days (with a 3 day break for the Hen Weekend). I’m doing it this way so I can eat something each day – otherwise I’ll go crazy, plus it ties in with my social life too. I’ll still be exercising and alternating weights days and cardio days, so I'm still keeping fit. During the week I think it would work well to have juice for breakfast and lunch and a meal for dinner.  I’m going to try and have my lunch juice as late as possible, so that I’m not starving by the time I  get home, and climbing the walls till the boyf comes home to eat dinner.


Mission is to get through the next 4 days. I’ll write and update on Thursday afternoon / Friday morning to let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment