Tuesday 17 December 2013

Resolutions start now

I keep seeing articles pop up about making new year’s resolutions. I’m a big fan of this idea, and I like the feeling of a fresh start – a time to wipe away all the negatives and focus more on the positives and what you want out of life. A new year brings a fresh set of 12 months ahead of us, but we see new beginning every moment in life – weather it’s the start of a new year, month, week, day or even hour. There is always a moment where you can start to change your life, dust out the negatives and focus on the positives. With that said I do however like the 12 month constraint a  year brings and the challenge of repeating something as consecutively as you can for 12 months.

So I have decided to start now with some things; these are more my on-going goals that I need to keep up, good habits I want to get into on a monthly rotation. I’ll write a post every month to tell you how the last month has been with executing these goals.

I’m also setting myself some yearly targets; these are things that are more long term projects, that hopefully every month I will get a little closer too. Dreams I want to achieve. A lot of the monthly goals will flow into the yearly targets – so don’t be surprised if you seem some repetition.

By the end of 2014 I want to have done the following:

  • Buy a house – this has been a pretty big plan in the making
  • Made jam
  • Raise £1000 for the Williams Syndrome Foundation
  • Become the healthiest, leanest, slimmest and strongest I have ever been in my adult life
  • Climb Snowdonia

To achieve my 2014 projects I am going to have start my on-going monthly goals; Some of these will stay the same every month and are just for personal improvement and some will evolve as my 2014 project gets close to completion. As I mentioned before I don’t need a new start to complete them, so they will be starting from today.

  • Post a blog post every week
  • Read a book a month – This month will be Jodi Picoult; Plain Truth (I started reading this on holiday and never finished)
  • Organise my time better – Make the most of the week, so I can enjoy my weekends more
  • Exercise 6 days a week – 3 days of Cardio, 3 days of Strength Training
  • Spend more time outdoors – time to wrap up warm and breath in the fresh air
  • Bake More – Try different cake and biscuit recipes from scratch
  • Watch a Classic Movie – what is classified as a classic movie is debatable; but seeing as it’s Christmas I’ll try and make it a Christmas classic.
  • Stick to all the commitments I have made



No comments:

Post a Comment