Monday 15 September 2014

The Countdown Begins, 4 weeks to go!

Oh my, the real countdown begins! It is just under four weeks till the half marathon, and I’m absolutely bricking it. I have never really run in my life and I’m about to embark on running 13.1 miles…I’m absolutely mental and it's bloody hard work, but I love it.

Due to my training schedule over the next four weeks I will hopefully see myself at the healthiest I have ever been. I’ll be covering between 30 – 40K a week, fine tuning my diet, keeping very hydrated and bouncing around off the endorphin's.

My evenings this week are going to look like this:

Monday – 10K
Tuesday – REST DAY (house cleaning day)
Wednesday – Cross Training for increased stamina / fitness; 2 hours 30 mins on the Cross Trainer
Thursday – REST DAY (hot bath, paint nails)
Friday – 14K
Saturday – 8K
Sunday – 40 minute swim (to stretch out the other muscles)

To fuel those days, and typical ‘eating’ day for me looks like this;
Breakfast – Porridge (made with water) and a yoghurt stirred in.
Lunch – Chunky Chicken and Veggie soup
Snack – 2 boiled eggs & an apple or orange
Dinner – Roasted Chicken with Salad, humus and a whole meal pitta bread
Drinks – 1 coffee, 3-4 herbal teas, 6 pints of water ( lots of trips to the toilets).

I’m also trying to listen to all my favourite albums to work out which tracks I want to accompany me around the route. If you have any song suggestions please let me know.

In addition to this all, I’m fighting off  the sniffles, which is making it a tad harder to breath whilst running when I start, but once I’ve warmed up it tends to settle.

So wish me luck for this week, I’ll be updating the blog a little more frequently as the race gets closer :-). 



1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the training and the run upto the event. You are doing it for a great cause! Get some sort of sticker to give them publicity on the run - Marketing!

    ReplyDelete